Searchology Celebrates 7 Years of Digital A&M Service
We are truly delighted to have made it for seven years working in our chosen field of digital marketing and advertising. I have been in the search engine marketing field prior to 2001. I really got excited about it with my first job in the space cold calling companies from the phone book and offering them top place position on Google and Yahoo. Back in 2002, most of the work was very simple and very easy to drive high-quality website traffic without much of a fuss.
We are forever thankful for our long term clients, past clients, and future clients. Our company cannot claim success without the continued support, trust, and business from our clients, friends, and family. Our unconditional respect and love for all of those that have helped us get to where we are today. Of course, the digital space is not without its highs and lows. My how things have changed over the years.
What Have We Learned About Search Engine Marketing In Seven Years?
- In the mid 90’s a writer from Time Magazine claimed the Internet was a fad and wouldn’t last.
- 50% of current Internet users can’t tell the difference between paid search and natural listings.
- Always bring coffee and morning breakfast baked goods to every meeting you can.
- The best clients are Searchology clients.
- Don’t try to save a snapping turtle without a little help from local law enforcement.
- Search engine optimization is now a field unto itself and should always be treated that way.
- We can now fully see and understand channel attribution funnels and metrics.
- There are more channels to advertise and market on than there are days of the year…and you only need to focus on the channels where your clients are not where YOU think they are.
- Love your data and your data will still not love you back.
- There are a lot of promises thrown around by a lot of agencies and marketing outfits…excellent results take hard work, time, and client effort. No Searcholgist is an island.
- 25% of all Internet users Google themselves.
- Plan your work and work your plan…always.
- Continual education and keeping up with “the Search” is damn near a full-time job.
- There is always more to know about the digital space.
- Social media isn’t what you think it is…ever.
- 30 minutes early is ON TIME.
- Time is the one thing we can never take back…so use it wisely.
- Google continues to be the monster search engine after all these years.
- Primary aspects of search engine optimization have NOT changed all that much over the past 16 years. Content was KING in 2000…and it is more important now than every before.
- Website visitors DO read your website if your content is WORTH reading.
- In order to be successful in this business or any business…you must be willing to give without the expectation of anything in return.
- Sometimes you eat social media…and sometimes social media eats you.
- Privacy is now a thing of the past.
- Once it’s published…you can’t take it back.
- There is no
silver bullet. All bullets are required.
Hopefully, our little list provided you with some small insight into what we’ve learned over the years. It is much more extensive than what I’ve posted…but I don’t want to keep you reading all day. We are truly thankful for what we have been given, the trust of our clients, referrals, our partners, and for what we’ve become due to all of the support over the years. Thank you, our readers, and our thanks to all of the people that have helped us grow and prosper. Here is to you and here is to several more decades of Searchology.
Kindly ~ Alton J. Duderstadt II
President | Chief Searchologist